Hello!! Happy Sunday!!
Here is a little progress update on my journey to a healthier me!
I have started a weight training work out. Its a twelve week program and so far I have done one week. I like it because I want to work out, and lift weights and tone my muscles, however, I never really feel like I know what I am doing when I go to a gym to lift weights. With this program I get instructions on what to do when so that I feel more confident about it, in twelve weeks when I have finished this program I may need to find another one, or maybe I’ll feel confident enough to do my own thing. This is the link: A twelve week program for you!
Since my whole 30 ended I have lost two more pounds, and no more inches. I also noticed that when I ate grains I got really bloated and (sorry TMI) had awful gas. Dairy has not seemed to affect me, and sugar hasn’t either, but I know for sure grains as a staple in my diet are over forever!
Before I get into this weeks recipe I want to let everyone know that I am going to do another whole 30 starting Sunday April 13, 2014. That is two weeks from today. My sister is going to do her first whole 30 along with me. If anyone is interested in doing it with us we would love to have you join us. I am not a professional by any means, and I get no money from the Whole 9 Life organization for recruiting people, I just feel like the more support you have when trying to drastically change your life the more success you will have. Having said that, my baby sister Janna has decided she wants to do a whole 30 and so I offered to do it with her to be her support and I just know the more the merrier!! If interested comment here or email me at email@example.com!!
Ok onto the recipe!
I love pancakes…say it with me now…WE LOVE PANCAKES! Pancakes bad…pancakes full of grain and make me bloated. Good news though!! My love for pancakes sent me on a mission…a mission to find a grain free pancakes that was AWESOME. After a few duds…bleh…I found a keeper! So as usual I changed up the recipe I found a little bit…but this time it was only because I didn’t have all the ingredients she used…and I live two hours from a grocery store that, if I’m lucky, carries ‘paleo’ foods. Here is the link to the original recipe. Banana Bread Almond Flour Pancakes She has some other fabulous looking recipes, but to date this is the only one I’ve tried.
Ok here is my version…seriously delicious…
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup coconut milk (full-fat from the can)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, coconut milk, and vanilla extract and whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and stir together.
- Pour the wet banana mixture into the bowl with the dry flour mixture and stir well to incorporate.
- Heat enough oil in a skillet to coat the bottom and heat to medium-high temperature.
- Measure ¼ cup of the banana pancake batter and pour it into the skillet.
- Cook until the sides of the pancake begin to firm up, about 2 minutes.
- Flip to the other side and cook another minute or two until pancake is cooked all the way through.
- Repeat with remaining batter!
- Serve with butter and jam, or almond butter or both!
These pancakes are seriously delicious! If my husband approves I know the recipe is a keeper!