Now I know that this is probably something that you have had before, maybe many times, but it is one of my favorite “fancy” side dishes. It has so many memories associated with it, many family dinners, Sunday suppers, holiday meals; in my family if we were having this it was a very special occasion!
I recently saw some pins for these, but each and every one added a bunch of seasonings, or a sauce to drizzle on it, and I just think “I like the original”. The memories of cousins, and family, and just pure happiness I associate with these bad boys, had me hankering for them. So, one evening when we were going to have steak for dinner I thought., “I know the perfect side dish!”
So here we are, we have arrived at the end of my story and the beginning of the recipe!
Green Beans Wrapped in Bacon
Little bundles of happiness, also known as, fresh green beans wrapped in crispy bacon
In my family these were considered fancy, so I still think of them that way. They are very easy, and tasty and hey they might even be just the trick to get your kids to eat something GREEN!!!
- 1 Lb Fresh Green Beans
- 10 to 12 Whole30 approved Bacon Slices
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cover cookie sheet in tin foil.
- Wash and trim green beans.
- Cut bacon slices in half.
- Wrap about 5 green beans together with one half slice of bacon.
- Set on cookie sheet covered in tin foil.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over all of the bundles.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until green beans are fully cooked and bacon is crispy.
- Enjoy with steak and potatoes any night of the week, or as a great addition to your Easter Dinner!
What are some of your favorite side dishes? Anything that warms your soul and brings to mind the memory of Grandma’s kitchen? I’d love to know and to try the recipes myself!!